Saturday, November 23, 2013

Keeping up with the feather trend...

Here is another layout I did for my Guest Design Team term for Jenni Bowlin Mercantile, and it incorporates one of my favorite trends right now.... feathers!



The kit came with the awesome JBS die-cut feathers, and it also had a feather stencil.  Using the stencil, I put glue over one of the feather stencils, covered it in fine gold glitter and then cut it out to make my own embellishment.  I then used the stencil whole (with all four feathers) over a piece of cardstock, and I sprayed several different inks on top, using a gold spray ink as the base.  I love getting messy and experimenting with stencils!

And, of course, it didn't hurt that Chloe had feathers on her shirt to go with the theme (did this scrappy mama plan out this photo shoot with this layout in mind?  hmmmmm, neveeeeer ;)

Here's another layout from the awesome JBS kit:

Love the stamps that came with it, too - that little airplane stamp gives just the right amount of extra detail!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  I'm going to see Pink in concert tomorrow night, and i'm sooo excited!

2 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Love, love the feather embellishing for this! This rocks!

And how awesome that you saw Pink in concert! That had to have been a great one! Pink is so cool :)

Danielle Flanders said...

I've been really bad at stopping by everyone's blogs, but wanted to say hi! Love your feather page and congrats on the guest gig! :)
Danielle