Monday, August 18, 2008

Warning: rambling ahead...

Ok, I feel like I have lots to say, so let's see if I can remember it all :-) First off, the crop on Saturday was so much fun! Those Kreative Junkets girls really do it right! I was bummed to have to leave early, but I still got 7 hours in. And, I had an all time cropping record - I made 4 layouts in 7 hours... that's fast for me believe it or not, lol. And that was in between lots of socializing! Unfortunately, I only have 1 to share right now - 2 are for CMK's Sept. kit so I can't reveal those yet and the other 2 are more CMK Paper Trunk layouts. I wanted to do a tiny bit of tweaking on the last one still and then i''ll take photos. Anyway, here is the one that I can share - it's about Chloe's BFF :-)
Sunday was a perfect day - we went out to breakfast in the morning and then played outside and relaxed the rest of the day. Chloe only took an hour nap and Noah boycotted his, so we let them come into our bed and snuggle with some movie and popcorn time. Of course, they got wound up and preferred to chase each other all over our bedroom instead, but that was so cute to watch that it certainly didn't bother me!

I found out yesterday that I won a RAK from Doris - she's sending me Jenni Bowlin's adorable little tickets, I can't wait! Thanks Doris!

I've had good luck with my "Soccer Mom" Luxe layout. Stacey from Scrapstreet News contacted me (thanks Stacey!) and asked if they could publish it in their September issue, so that is exciting. Then today, Melissa at Aussie Scrap Source sent me mail on 2Peas asking if she could post that same layout on her site, as they are an Australian distributor for Luxe. Unfortunately, it won't work out as they were looking to showcase it in September, as well, but i'm very flattered that they noticed it! They are, however, going to post my "Bikini" Luxe layout in the near future instead. They have some awesome eye candy on their site, too, so check it out if you get a chance!

I also have a cool opportunity to mention - Sherry Steveson, who is on the Luxe DT with me, is teaching a "Sassy Scraps Techniques" class through http://www.nyscraps.com/ which covers lots of awesome techniques. Sherry has written one idea book and is currently working on a second, and she has a beautiful style! While looking around on the site, I also noticed that the aforementioned ticket-giver super-duper talented Doris Sander is teaching a class there, too (Embellishments 101) so it looks like anyone interested in taking some online classes to improve their scrap skills will have lots of awesome classes they can take!

Ok, I think my ramblings must come to an end now. I signed up for a challenge on 2Peas for the first time in ages, and I need to find my mojo and get working! Happy Monday everyone!

11 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

Sounds like lots of fun things are coming your way! You are so talented and deserving, Staci!! :)

Love that LO - aren't little friends so adorable!!

Owner said...

look at you all over the scrap world, that is AWESOME!!! and to think, i was around to see you begin... awww. :D

Meg Giroux said...

Wow Staci, I am so excited for you! You are extremely talented and you so deserve all of this CONGRATULATIONS my friend!

Wendy Smith said...

your scrapping is really gorgeous...jsut wis I had little girls to scrap all the time

Renee Lamb said...

way to go girl!! so much fun and exciting scrappy news! you deserve it! love the layout as usual - you know I love your work :D

Lori Renn said...

LOVIN' that girly layout, Staci!!

Alex said...

LOVE that layout, too cute Staci!!! And, sounds like a lot of great things are happening for you - whoohoo, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charlotte Cramer said...

WOW Staci, you have been really busy!!! I am really happy for you and can't wait to see all of your work coming out!!!! A big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

doris sander said...

great layout! love those colors and the title. :D

4 in 7?!!! that so rocks! i'd be thrilled too! i'm thrilled for you! glad when the mojo and the time coincide. :D

thanks for the plug! i'm so excited about my class! wheee! :D

Pearl said...

Ooo lucky you winning the JB tickets at Doris Sander's blog ! I love her style too ! & congrats on the pub ! It's good to see your work get around more !

Your style rawks ! Love the little GFs layout ! vrey sweet colors !

Ania said...

Ooh totally adore this layout and how the colors are used so perfectly!! And wow re. the crop!! I'm such a lame one at crops, sooooo slow and indecisive (sp?) And YAY about the pub! And the Aussie Scrap Source thing!! Looks like we'll see several familiar layouts there :)