Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Fancy Pants mixed media album

I'm done! I must be the slowest person in the world when it comes to making mini albums! I don't feel like mine are ever that big or that intricate, yet they take me forever! Oh well, it's a good thing I enjoy the creative process ;-) This one, especially, was SO much fun to make! These new mixed media albums by Fancy Pants are so cool! I got to play with chipboard, acrylic and felt - fun, fun, fun! I also used the brand new paper lines - mostly Delight with a little of On a Whimsey. Used lots of other FP felt and chipboard, too.

You should be able to click on the images to see them larger (thanks to my CMK friends for helping me with this!).


The shaped acrylic page in the center here was actually from another Fancy Pants clear album I had. This view shows the page underneath with the clear page flipped up:

I tried to get a view of the acylic page by itself:



We've had quite a snow and ice-filled week! Actually, we only ended up getting a few inches of snow, but there was quite a bit of ice. So, Noah had a preschool snow day on Tuesday, and even I got off of work yesterday, which was supposed to be my long day of work. We took the kids to the big hill near our house to go sledding - it was so much fun! Afterwards, we came home and ordered pizza and made s'mores with our next door neighbors. It was a great day :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

18 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I just adore your album. I too take forever to complete mini albums, but I adore them!!! I just love all the elements to yours!!! Yep, ice, ice and more ice!!! What a mess. Hope it melts soon, I have a crop to go to on Saturday!!! Happy Thursday!!!

Anonymous said...

You lucky duck having some snow - we get nothing here, not even one lonely flake. Anyhoo, I ramble.
I adore your album and I can't believe that you have a hrad time with those. This is fantastic!

Denise said...

Your album is precious!!! Loved every page!!!! Thanks for the inspiration,,,sorry about the icky ice but spring is only 7 weeks away!!!!

marcibun said...

WOW!!! I love this album. You really outdid yourself - its awesome!

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Staci! Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog! The little girl on one of my layouts is actually a sticker that comes like that..it's dimensional. Just peel and stick!

Love your mini! Mine take a long time to do too!
Dani

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet little mini album, Staci! I love the mix of pages, and the amount of photos you were able to include is awesome! I know what you mean about them taking so long. I hardly every make any, but the one I just did do felt like it took forever!!!!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today! You just gave me the biggest smile!

Jess said...

wow staci i {heart} this so much! tfs!

Meg Giroux said...

Your album came out beautiful! I love the array of pics you have in it...too cute!

We have been getting way to much snow and ice up here....I am so done with snow!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend Staci!

Kristii said...

Totally awesome!! I love this album!! When I grow up, I wanna be like you!!

Anonymous said...

such a gorgeous album, Staci!!! It is hard to believe that you have snow, when it is 85 here! LOL what 3000 miles will do, huh?! :)

Sasha Farina said...

you're slow? i can't even start a mini album! love this one Staci!

Karmele said...

Staci, your album is wonderful!!!
I love it!!!

Brenda Hurd said...

hello my fabulous friend - been missing you! So love your mini-album! I seriously am super slow at them too - i don't know what the problem is but i'm slow!

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

What a lovely album !!! Yep TOTALLY understand about the time it takes to make and fill and album !

Happy February, hope you have something romantic planned for Valentine's !

Julie Overby said...

That is one amazing album! Great job! Love all the details. ;) I need to get goin' on some mini's myself!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous mini-book, Staci!!
By the way, I tagged you on my blog. :)

Pearl said...

Such a delightful mini , Staci ! Love all the different shaped pages & the mixed media !

Andrea Amu said...

This turned out cool, staci!
Mini albums are lotsa work... I should do them but I rarely do.