Monday, March 29, 2010

I finally got my scrap on!

I have to admit, since I've gotten pregnant, I've had no motivation to scrap. Between not feeling well and being exhausted all the time, my favorite hobby has really suffered. And I miss it! I'm so much happier when i'm able to have some creative time. Well, on Saturday, I went to a 12 hour crop with next-door Lisa and down-the-street Heather, and it was so much fun! It felt sooo good to just get in the zone, and I actually had some mojo going! I got 5 pages completed (well, almost completed, less the finishing touches I added today), so I was happy with that. This is one of the layouts I did of my boy (using the new My Family line by Fancy Pants):


We were lucky enough to team up with Tattered Angels this month, and they sent all of us on the Fancy Pants DT some awesome products. On the above layout, I used some chipboard frames as masks, and I sprayed over them with Slate Glimmer Mist. I then added the chip frames back on the layout for some dimension. You can check out the TA blog here.

I can't post my other layouts just yet, but here are some sneaks in the meantime :-)


On the last sneak, you may recognize the tissue paper flower I showed you on a previous post. You can see my tutorial on how to make them here.

In non-scrappy news, I officially enter my mid-30's tomorrow - yep, the big 3-5. Or Advanced Maternal Age as they like to call me in the pregnancy world (this is me sticking my tongue out lol). I had a wonderful date with my hubby on Friday night celebrating my b-day, and i'm looking forward to having a lunch/pedi date with my mom and Chloe tomorrow :-)

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good start to your week!

10 comments:

Casey Wright said...

This is beautiful! Also, love the sneak peaks - can't wait to see all of the wonderful pretties you've put together :) TFS!

Pearl said...

you always rawk the FP ! love the masking effect with the chipboard frames !

& go you to the 12 hr crop treat !

& happy , happy Birthday !!! Did i get that rite now ?! woot !

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend...I have to giggle at the advanced maternal age....my daughter is a Labor and delivery nurse and she hates that term.....

Love the LO so much detail and great elements and the peeks are perfect!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Unknown said...

Love your LO, Staci--can't wait to see the rest of your gorgeous projects. I hope you have a great, great bday!!!

Frances said...

LOVE your stuff!! You may have a lack of motivation, but you are still creating some beauties.

Kim Sonksen said...

OMGosh - Noah looks so grown up on that layout...
Love the colour scheme and the papers are divine. I think my fave is how you did the title - simply gorgeous

Andrea Amu said...

Awesome page design, Staci! Lovin' the way you stitched the title on across the photo here!

So glad you had the chance to get your scrap on! And Happy Birthday! :)

Sasha Farina said...

5 layouts? is that for real because i can't scrap 5 layouts in two days of it's gonna save my life. LOL. You rock hot mama! Happy Belated Birthday.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Happy Birthday Staci ! Love the sneaks and that crop sounded like the fun you needed ! Good luck on the rest of the pregnancy !

Lori Renn said...

Hi Staci! Hope all is well with you! Love the layouts. You do amazing work!