Friday, May 8, 2009

The result of my scrappy playdate...

Next door Lisa and I had our second scrappy playdate today, and it was so much fun! Lisa and I set up in the kitchen while the three little ones kept passing by us going between the playroom and the family room. They ended up staying for about 4 hours, and yes, I got a whopping 1 layout completed. But, um, we did break for lunch ;-)
This was made with the fantastic May CMK kit which is chock full of goodies. And, I even tried glimmer mist for the first time! Now why on earth did I wait so long to break into this?? I love the effect! The color I used on this layout is Slate, but the other color I have is Pearl, and i'm having a hard time getting it to show up on anything. Anyone have any suggestions for what that color is good on?

Does anyone have any good Mother's Day plans this weekend? We always get together with my whole fam, so we're all going out for brunch on Sunday, which i'm looking forward to. Yesterday, Noah's preschool had a Mother's Day celebration for us, and it was seriously the sweetest thing ever! The kids came out and got us, one by one, and put a tissue flower corsage on our wrists - aaah, so sweet. Noah led me to my seat, and the teachers served us food. When I was done, Noah cleared the table and took my plate! (Now how do I transfer these skills to home? lol) They then sat us down for circle time and the kids sang several songs to us, and then presented us with gifts. Noah made me a butterfly pin, and he decorated a jar of bath salts. We also decorated a flower pot together, and then the teachers gave us flowers to go in the pots. The whole morning was really wonderful - definitely something I will never forget!

Tony is getting home late tonight as he was taking his employees to see Star Trek as a bonding experience (yep, I will gladly pass on that one, lol), so i'm going to sign off as i'm hoping to get my scrappy groove on for a little while longer tonight.

Before I go, though, I wanted to tell you all that my friend Doris Sander is at it again. A while back I told you about her Product Pizzazz class she was teaching, and now she is teaching a second Product Pizzazz class. You do not have to have taken the first one to take this one. This class covers chipboard, thread, floss, fiber, labels & tags, specialty paper, stickers, acrylics & overlays, small things and tiny things. The class starts on May 12th, and you can read all about it here.

Happy happy mother's day to all of my mommy friends out there in blogland! Hope it's a great one!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Loved this LO Staci of Noah and his toys, so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom

Jess said...

ohhhh staci this is soooo fab! love love love it!!

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful day you spent with Noah.......our Evan ran out of school today with his arms full of homemade gifts and a rose for his Momma!!!!! These are the days to remember always!!! Love the LO, so cute!!!! We cancelled out big plans for Mother's Day because of me being sick...so we will celebrate with a cookcout for the ladies!!!! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!! Thanks for all the support and well wishes.....sweet friend!

Denise said...

Amazing Layout Staci!!! I love the background paper!!! No big plans for Mother's day, but I wish you a fantastic one!!!

Lisa said...

Well, it was only one layout but at least you made it a FANTASTIC one! Sounds like the fun made up for the lack of LO's! My Mother's Day involves brunch with my kiddos and my mom. Nothing over the top. So glad you had such a great time with Noah. I sure do miss those days. I think I'll go rummage through the box of keepsakes I have stuffed in my closet. It'll be nice to revisit some of those handmade Mother's Day treasures! Hope tomorrow is super special for you!!!!

Amy said...

I think your layout turned out great! Its great that you get to have a scrappy playdate! Hope you have a happy mothers day

Pearl said...

o I also can't believe you've never used Glimmer mist until now , Staci ! Wonderful layout with that May Kit !

I love the fine mist you'e got unto the layout ! & I'd say maybe Pearl works best on dark colors - probably black - dark red etc - just gotta try . ( I only have 5 bottles of Mists or so so I'm no expert yet for sure ! ;-)