Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunburned and tired...

Yep, i'm sunburned and tired after my weekend, but it was a good one! We had a birthday party yesterday, and today we spent almost the whole day outside. In the morning, we did yardwork, and Tony finished up the low brick wall we build around our garden... it looks great!! I'm so excited about it! Then, after the kids' naptime, we went back outside. Tony took Noah's training wheels off again, and he is now officially a bike rider!! He totally got it this time! What's even funnier is that 3 of his n'hood friends all got their training wheels off in the last few days, too! It was like a chain reaction, hehea. I'm proud of my little guy - he's such a big boy at 4 1/2! All the sun knocked me out - I think i'll sleep well tonight!

Here is my Fancy Pants layout using the Kraft Kuts line. I sooo love the Kraft Kuts, and I can't wait to get my hands on the new lines that were just released!

This was my childhood home. The journaling reads: My first 12 years were spent in this house on Darnell Drive. This is where I grew up. Lots of memories... lots of love.

I'll leave you all with my favorite photo from today :-) I'm having so much fun trying out the different manual modes on my camera! I took this one in Shutter Priority mode...
I hope all of you guys had a wonderful weekend, too!

13 comments:

Amy said...

wow sounds like you one busy weekend!
I love the house's on that layout it looks GREAT!

Congrats on your new bike rider,they grow up too fast dont they?!
Have a great week

Owner said...

You always have so much fun, I love it!

Peggy said...

Beautiful LO, that house paper is just perfect here, and I love your title work.
xxx Peggy

Dria said...

Terrific layout and pic-
I like playing with the manual modes on my camera too!

Kim Sonksen said...

Ouch...I can certainly sympathise with the burn. Hope it's not too bad.

But girl, DANG how much do I love that layout?? Seriously, this totally rocks my world

Karmele said...

I´m glad that you've spent so well!!
Your new page is perfect!!!
xoxo

Jocelyn said...

You did have a busy weekend and I just LOVEEEEEEEEEE the LO!!!! Just love the pics of the your BIG BOY!!!! Have a great week!

Alex said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!!! Your layout is fabulous, I just love it, the title ROCKS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa said...

Did you sleep well? Funny how the sun can totally drain you! But it sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love the layout. I took pics of my house last night for a future layout. And I've been thinking of comparing it to my childhood home. You really did a great job with this one.

And look at you go with those new photography skills! I photographed a wedding Friday night...I was worried sick I would blow it. I took over 1000 photos. LOL! You know what they say, take 5 to get one good one. Well, I took that to heart! LOL!

Congrats to your two-wheeling little man!

Diana said...

LOVED this LO and of course it brought back so many wonderful memories for me as well. I love the fact that you and your brother have such fond memories of your childhood on Darnell Drive. I hope Noah and Chloe will feel as much love for their home (and I think they will) that you did for yours.

Love,
Mom

Trisha said...

Love your layout!
Congrats on your new bike rider!

Mary - said...

glad to hear that you guys had such a great weekend!! awesome about your new bike rider - that is super cool :) love this layout and those papers are yummy!! thx for the fab inspo & hope you have a great day! ;) smiles, m-

kate blue said...

I've never tried the CMK kits but am off to check them out-love the LO of the house-I keep saying I need to do one of ours; especially when it looks nice & neat in the front!